Nuclear Energy: A National Security Linchpin
Russia’s ongoing war of aggression in Ukraine has revealed the grave risks of our dependence on Russian energy. Particularly in this era of urgent climate action, there is growing international interest in nuclear energy, not only for decarbonization but reducing our collective reliance on energy imports from hostile authoritarian nations
In this context, US international civil nuclear leadership and countering Russian and Chinese domination of the global nuclear market take on added importance. Failure to achieve these objectives endangers both the United States and the world.
Join us for an in-person event on Thursday, November 16th at 3 PM ET. We will explore why it is crucial for the United States to fortify its civil nuclear sector and assert its global leadership in nuclear energy. Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a critical discussion that can shape our future. We will be joined by:
- Ambassador Marek Magierowski, Polish Ambassador to the United States
- Admiral Richard W. Mies, U.S. Navy Admiral (ret.), former Commander in Chief of U.S. Strategic Command, President and CEO of the Mies Group, Co-Chair of the Nuclear Energy and National Security Coalition (NENSC)
- Dr. Kathryn Huff, Assistant Secretary, Office of Nuclear Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Lindsey Walter, Director of International Policy, Climate and Energy Program, Third Way
- Alan Ahn, Senior Resident Fellow, Climate and Energy Program, Third Way
- Catherine Morehouse, Energy Reporter, Politico
Stay after for a reception to mix and mingle with peers. We will have light snacks and refreshments.