Manufacturing the Future of Clean Energy with 48C
During the Great Recession, the 48C advanced energy manufacturing tax credit spurred investment in American manufacturing facilities right when it was needed most. In the midst of the COVID-19 recession, we need tools like 48C once again to put Americans back to work, strengthen domestic manufacturing, and help in the fight against climate change.
On December 16, at 10:30 a.m. ET, Third Way, the BlueGreen Alliance, and Environmental Defense Fund co-hosted a webinar on to discuss 48C’s past success and how it can be revived to meet today’s urgent needs. The event features a conversation with Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), followed by a panel of experts from industry, labor, and the environmental community.
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), Ranking Member, Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Roxanne Brown, International Vice President at Large, United Steelworkers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Director of the Climate and energy Program, Third Way
- Josh Freed, Senior Vice President of the Climate and Energy Program, Third Way
- Laurie Holmes, Senior Director of Environmental Policy, Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Derek Walker, Vice President for US Climate, at Environmental Defense Fund
- Jason Walsh, Executive Director, BlueGreen Alliance
- JT Young, Director of Government Relations, Ford