Industry Matters: Smarter Energy Use Creates Big Opportunities
While power and transportation often take center stage in energy policy discussions, it’s time that the industrial sector got a spotlight of its own. By helping manufacturers and other industrial consumers reduce their energy waste and emissions, Washington has a tremendous opportunity to increase U.S. economic competitiveness, encourage job growth, and keep climate goals within reach.
Third Way, the AFL-CIO, and the Council on Competitiveness invite you to learn more about the benefits of smarter industrial energy use, and where policymakers can focus their efforts for maximum impact.
We’ll explore ways to put the industrial sector front-and-center in federal energy policy, with insights from:
· Richard Trumka, President of the AFL-CIO
· Deborah Wince-Smith, President and CEO of the Council on Competitiveness
· Matt Bennett, Senior Vice President at Third Way
· Craig Blue, Director of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Programs at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
· Roxanne Brown, Legislative Director for the United Steelworkers
· Paul Tucker, Manager of Energy and Chemical Recovery Systems at International Paper