Why Congress Must Act on Prescription Drug User Fees
This briefing will explain the basics behind the prescription drug user fee reauthorizations, which Congress must to enact before the end of September. Without Congressional action, the FDA will have to make massive lay-offs and halt approvals for life-saving cost-saving drugs.
Panel discussion featuring:
- Andrew Emmett, Senior Director / FDA Liaison, Pfizer
- Mark Fleury, PhD, Principal, Policy Development - Emerging Science, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- David Kendall (moderator), Senior Fellow for Health and Fiscal Policy, Third Way.
- Paul Melmeyer, Director of Federal Policy, National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Jonathon M. Parker, RPh, MS, PhD, Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Lisa Parks, R.Ph., Vice President, Science & Regulatory Affairs, Association for Accessible Medicines
- Susan Winckler, President, Leavitt Partners, Former Chief of Staff, FDA
Lunch will be served.