Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
Take your career to the next level at Third Way. We are committed to the professional development of our staff. As a member of our team, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and expected. Our new office space was specially designed to facilitate team projects and allow for groups large and small to brainstorm, discuss an idea or proposal, or map out a strategy.
We understand what it means to bring different voices together to work towards a common goal. Third Way celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and encourages all qualified applicants to apply to join our team. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, age, marital status, parental status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. All employment selections are determined on the basis of qualifications and program needs.
Multimedia Designer, Climate & Energy
Climate and Energy Program
The Multimedia Designer will join a dynamic team of professionals in Third Way's Climate and Energy Program, which designs and advocates for policies to put the United States on the fastest, fairest path to net-zero emissions by 2050. As part of the communications team, the Multimedia Designer will manage the program's visual brand and amplify the program's initiatives by delivering compelling designs and data visualizations for reports, events, social media, videos, and presentations.
This position reports to the Deputy Director for Communications for Climate and Energy and the Deputy Director of Multimedia and Design.
As the Multimedia Designer, a typical day might include…
- Collaborates with Climate and Energy Program and Third Way Communications staff to create infographics, charts, videos, event collateral, and other multimedia products to support policy products and campaigns.
- Partners with TW staff to visualize strategic concepts and turns ideas around quickly.
- Prepares reports and products for publication on the website and creates designed reports for select publications.
- Designs brand identities for events, websites, and other multimedia projects. And, creates brand guidelines and manages assets to collaborate with vendors and TW staff.
- Manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines for a dynamic team of policy and communications experts.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Three+ years of experience in graphic or multimedia design
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field or exceptionally relevant work experience.
- Interest in and basic understanding of policy and a passion for supporting modern center-left ideas;
- Exceptional judgment and capacity to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners in an environment with complex political cross-pressures;
- Expert knowledge in Design theory;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and After Effects).
- Familiarity with HTML and website management to support Third Way’s website.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Video production skills including lighting, sound, and filming.
- Tableau skills a plus.
- Working collaborative with others, thinking outside the box, and taking initiative;
- Finding new and creative ways to use data visualization and graphics to communicate clean energy policy and climate issues; and
- Have an interest in making an impact on climate and clean energy issues as Third Way’s Multimedia Designer for the Climate and Energy Program.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance.