National Security Program | Policy Memo
Making the Case: What is America's Best Bad Option in Syria?
America is facing a fateful turning point in the Syria debate. Whether Congress presses for caution or aggression, there are a number of options to choose from between “do nothing” and “boots on the ground.”
This memo outlines the six most salient questions for Congress to answer and provides the information that we know so far:
- What are America’s security interests in Syria?
- Which rebel groups should we support?
- What are Syria’s military capabilities?
- Who will secure Syria’s massive stockpile of chemical weapons?
- What are the international community’s options?
- What are America’s options?
This publication is free for re-use with attribution. Check out our Issuu library to find embed code for your website or blog.