Third Way is seeking a Junior Designer to join a fast-paced Communications Team. Reporting to the Multimedia Designer, this position supports the work of the entire organization and is ideally suited to a creative-thinker who can execute eye-catching products that keep Third Way on the cutting edge of visual design.
Third Way is an innovative and influential think-tank that creates and advances moderate policy and political ideas. We advocate for private-sector economic growth, a tough and smart security strategy, a clean energy revolution, bold education and anti-poverty reforms, and progress on divisive culture issues.
- Prepare Third Way products for publication including creating any graphics, charts, or multimedia as assigned by the Multimedia Designer.
- Create and curate graphics and images for the Third Way website.
- Design unique social media content to support Third Way products that is optimized for our different platforms.
- Design presentation materials for Third Way leadership with support from the Multimedia Designer.
- Assist with storyboarding, shooting, and editing audio and video products.
- Assist with developing interactive graphics and other new media types for publication.
- Support the Multimedia Designer as needed with infographics, events, and major products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Graphic Design skills including proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Video production skills including lighting, sound, and filming; proficiency with Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Familiarity with HTML strongly desired to support Third Way’s website and interactive graphics.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Candidates should enjoy working in an extremely collaborative organization.
- Maintains excellent customer service with good communication and relationship skills.
- Manages multiple deadlines efficiently and has good time management skills.
Skills, Traits, Beliefs
- Self-starting: Third Way seeks people who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborative: Third Way works in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creative: Third Way fosters divergent thinking that isn’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: Third Way functions with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Competitive compensation and benefits
How to Apply
Submit resume, portfolio (to include at least one designed image and one video or animation), and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Junior Designer” as the subject line
FRESH THINKING DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to receive email alerts for our products and events and customize your subscription to suit your areas of interest. Your email will never be shared with any third party, and you can unsubscribe at any time.