Wine with Wonks: Demystifying Accreditation
With Higher Education Act reauthorization conversations heating up on the Hill, wonky topics like accreditation reform are set to get a lot of air time. But how exactly does our accreditation system currently work? How do schools get and stay accredited? And what are some of the challenges of our current system, and how can we improve the status quo?
To help you find answers to these wonky accreditation questions in a non-wonky way, Third Way is excited to launch its newest event series: “Wine with Wonks”.
On Wednesday, February 7th from 5:30-7:30pm at Sonoma Wine Bar, enjoy a glass of wine or two at a reception designed to help demystify accreditation by giving you time to mingle with the following higher education experts:
- Emily Bouck, Policy and Advocacy Director at Higher Learning Advocates
- Antoinette Flores, Senior Policy Analyst at the Center for American Progress
- Michael Itzkowitz, Senior Fellow at Third Way
- Terri Taylor, Strategy Officer for Finance and Federal Policy at the Lumina Foundation
- Dr. Frank Wu, Distinguished Professor at University of California Hastings College of the Law
February 07, 2018
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Sonoma Wine Bar
223 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
Washington, D.C. - 20003
FRESH THINKING DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to receive email alerts for our products and events and customize your subscription to suit your areas of interest. Your email will never be shared with any third party, and you can unsubscribe at any time.