Innovative Ideas to Improve Patient Care
Published August 24, 2015
Updated On October 5, 2016
While there remains a significant gulf between the Right and the Left on health care reform, we believe there is opportunity to find common ground. Our health policy team is developing policy ideas that cut waste in health care by removing one of the prime drivers of it: obstacles to quality patient care.
This approach directly improves the patient experience—when patients stay healthy, or get better quicker, they need less care. Our proposals come from innovative ideas pioneered by health care professionals and organizations, and show how to scale successful pilots from red and blue states. Together, they make cutting waste a policy agenda instead of a mere slogan.
Each policy report includes several accompanying tools—from economic modeling to a catalog of local organizations that are leading the effort to make patient-centered changes across the country.
- Medical Discussion Guides: Less Confusion, Better Decisions for Patients
- Prevent Diabetes
- Make Telehealth an Easy Way for Patients to Get Care
- Make Health Care More Convenient and Coordinated with Medical Homes
- Help Consumers Shop for High Value Health Care
- A Lifetime Electronic Health Record for Every American
- Treating the Whole Person: Integrating Behavioral and Physical Health Care
- A Spoonful of Sugar: Helping People Take Their Medicine
- Rethinking Medicare Enrollment: Make High-Value Health Coverage the Easy Choice
- Give Medicare Beneficiaries Complete Information About Their Plans
- A Better End of Life
- A Path to Recovery for Americans With Serious Mental Illness
- Coordinate Care for the Most Vulnerable
- Bundled Payments: A Stable Foundation for Medicare Financing
- Provide High-Cost Medicare Beneficiaries with Highly Valued Care
- How to Make Life Better for People with Kidney Disease
FRESH THINKING DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to receive email alerts for our products and events and customize your subscription to suit your areas of interest. Your email will never be shared with any third party, and you can unsubscribe at any time.