Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
Take your career to the next level at Third Way. We are committed to the professional development of our staff. As a member of our team, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and expected. Our new office space was specially designed to facilitate team projects and allow for groups large and small to brainstorm, discuss an idea or proposal, or map out a strategy.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Deputy Director, Climate & Energy
- Policy Advisor for Carbon Removal
- Multimedia Designer, Climate & Energy
- Economic Policy Advisor
- Political Research Assistant – Contract
- Education Press Coordinator
- Policy Advisor, Alliance for Entrepreneurial Equity
- Communications Coordinator, Climate & Energy
- Press Advisor
Political Research Assistant – Contract
Social Policy, Education and Politics Program
Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. Third Way’s Politics team advances the cause that pragmatic progressivism is the best path to create and sustain meaningful change and address our country’s most pressing policy problems.
The Political Research Assistant Contractor will provide independent services on major products including high-impact written materials, public opinion research, data analysis, and presentations to help policymakers and political influencers better understand American voters and persuade them to appeal to a broad coalition with a pragmatic progressive message and agenda.
Contract duration: Between the months of June and August 2022
Availability: 30 – 40 hours per week
Contract rate: $25/hour
The Political Research Assistant Contractor will provide the following services:
- Analyze historical and recent electoral and political data to come up with new insights and proof points that advance our case;
- Support research projects by performing original data analysis to identify trends and relevant findings;
- Provide the politics team with rapid requests for political data such as public opinion or historical election data;
- Contribute to reports, memos, op-eds, and presentations to support center-left political leaders, and to offer persuasive evidence that winning elections and governing both require appealing to a broad coalition of voters, not just one party’s activist base.
This might be the project for you…
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in political science, public policy, or a related field; OR a one to two years of relevant experience.
- A sophisticated understanding of American politics and political institutions;
- Experience handling primary data and producing analyses using Excel, statistical packages, or other software programs to generate valuable and clear insights about American elections and voters;
- An attention to detail for fact-finding and fact-checking;
- An ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects.