Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
Take your career to the next level at Third Way. We are committed to the professional development of our staff. As a member of our team, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and expected. Our new office space was specially designed to facilitate team projects and allow for groups large and small to brainstorm, discuss an idea or proposal, or map out a strategy.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
Office Operations Manager
The Office Operations Manager provides operational support to the organization by working with external vendors, managing logistics for the office, owning our office health & safety protocols, and overseeing and managing contracts and consultant agreements among Third Way’s external vendors. Responsibilities include tracking expenditures, preparing reports, reconciling accounts, processing invoices, and streamlining procedures where possible.
As the Office Operations Manager, some of your duties may include…
- Manage office operations, lead overall office administration, and ensure the operational readiness, appearance and presentation of the office
- Observe and seek improvement to existing office organization
- Oversee the enforcement of in-office health and safety protocols, providing the necessary information, resources, and supplies to maintain a safe and comfortable work environment
- Engage in growing and changing office policies and procedures, optimizing staff experience and efficiency
- Manage various vendor relationships that relate to the office and facility management
- Maintain the pantry and office supply inventory and budget, ensuring adequate stock of all items
- Enhance and maintain existing contract database, expanding to providing tracking and reporting across all departments and programs
- Oversee the creation, execution, compliance, storage, renewals, and reporting across all organizational contracts.
- Plan and execute an ongoing cycle of staff engagement opportunities to obtain direct staff feedback on life at Third Way
- Manage and oversee Third Way’s Center for Fun, a small group of staff focused on planning social activities for the organization
- Recommend enhancements to staff offerings or existing processes based on findings from staff engagement activities
- Create and maintain a persistent platform for soliciting anonymous staff feedback, requests and suggestion
This might be the job for you, if you...
- have an Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- have 5+ years of office management experience, preferably in a non-profit or programmatic environment
- are proficient in MS Office and Contract Management
- are an excellent communicator, orally and in writing, a self-starter and analytical thinker
- work collaboratively with others
- provide excellent customer service
- have a strong ability to remain accountable to the large picture without losing sight of the small details
- enjoy solving challenging problems
- can analyze data and feedback to help improve the way of life at Third Way.
- want to be a part of something great and impactful.
- want to make a difference and an imprint as the newest Office Operations Manager of Third Way
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Become familiar with your domain, Third Way’s newly renovated and expanded office space.
- Participate in Third Way’s comprehensive onboarding program. You’ll learn about all aspects of Business Operations, which includes benefits, IT, finance, and office operations.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the staff, and start to learn the TW’s culture.
- Learn our current processes for payroll, compliance, and labor tracking, and how you will partner with Finance and the rest of the Business Operations team on these processes.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Attend your departmental weekly meetings. You’ll learn about the key goals of your program, how they’re doing, what challenges they face, and how you will contribute.
- Share coffee with the COO and learn about the history and growth of Third Way.
Within 2 months, you'll...
- Begin to build an in-office strategy for your Business Operations Intern to help ensure the smooth daily function of the office.
- Gain an understanding of each employee’s role and their contribution to the organization.
- Attend program overview sessions to learn more about each team’s contribution to TW’s mission.
- Sit in on a riveting story about Third Way’s history with one of the original founders of Third Way. You will learn about our successes, as well as our failures. This will also afore you the opportunity to learn about future direction.
- Incorporate TW’s Style Guide and Production process into your work products and processes.
- Participate in, at least, one of our internal Professional Development training.
- Learn and experience TW’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Enhance and expand our existing Consultant Contract process and introduce the new workflow to the organization.
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger understanding of your team’s strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with your manager.
- Complete your 90-day self-evaluation and performance review with your manager.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work-life balance.