Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
Take your career to the next level at Third Way. We are committed to the professional development of our staff. As a member of our team, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and expected. Our new office space was specially designed to facilitate team projects and allow for groups large and small to brainstorm, discuss an idea or proposal, or map out a strategy.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Senior Manager of Events, Development & External Affairs
- Education Policy Advisor \ Senior Education Policy Advisor, Education
- Health Policy Advisor, Economic Program
- Deputy Director of Development for the Climate & Energy Program, Development & External Affairs
- Digital Media Advisor
- Senior Policy Advisor for China, National Security
- Policy Advisor, Alliance for Entrepreneurial Equity
Health Policy Advisor, Economic Program
Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security. We are proud of the organization that we have built and continue to seek out talent who contribute to our ambitious mission. We are deeply committed to promoting a culture of results and respect where every employee has opportunities to contribute, develop, and grow professionally.
Third Way is looking for a Health Policy Advisor who is passionate about developing and advancing policy solutions that drastically reduce health care costs and expand value-based care. This person will unpack and analyze health care problems and trends, devise solutions, convey this information to an informed audience through written and digital content, and collaborate internally and with external partners to advocate for and advance policy ideas
As the Health Policy Advisor, a typical day might include…
- Conducting in-depth research and analysis to better understand and explain health care trends and data;
- Authoring high-impact written reports, memos, and op-eds that persuasively illuminate problems with our health care system and explain how we can reduce costs as well as expand value and equity in our health care system;
- Analyzing and developing policy ideas and assessing their impact on American health care;
- Meeting with external partners, including Hill staff and leaders in the industry, nonprofits, and academia; and,
- Working with other members of Third Way’s economic, communications, and outreach teams to help plan and execute events and digital collateral
This might be the job for you, if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in health policy within government, a research institution, advocacy organization, or the private sector;
- An understanding of the intersection between health care and the federal legislative process;
- A passion for working to defend and expand the Affordable Care Act;
- A demonstrated ability to write clearly on complex health care topics for an audience of non-experts;
- A graduate degree or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Participate in Third Way’s comprehensive onboarding program.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the entire staff, and start to learn the TW’s culture.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Attend your departmental weekly meetings. You’ll learn about the key goals of your program, how they’re doing, what challenges they face, and how you will contribute.
- Share a coffee with the COO and learn about the history and growth of Third Way.
- Learn the Program’s work plan for the year and begin to build your initial set of deliverables in the health care space.
Within 2 months you'll...
- Attend program overview sessions to learn more about each team’s contribution to TW’s mission.
- Incorporate TW’s Style Guide and Production process into your work products.
- Participate in at least one of our internal Professional Development trainings.
- Learn and experience TW’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
- Develop written advocacy and educational products that advance our work on health care costs and coverage.
- Attend and participate in external meetings and events with other members of the economic and health care teams.
Within 3 months you'll...
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger understanding of your team’s strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with your manager.
- Complete your 90-day self-evaluation and performance review with your manager.
- Partner with your manager to establish your long-term goals for the remainder of the year.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance.