Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
Take your career to the next level at Third Way. We are committed to the professional development of our staff. As a member of our team, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and expected. Our new office space was specially designed to facilitate team projects and allow for groups large and small to brainstorm, discuss an idea or proposal, or map out a strategy.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer – women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Development & External Affairs Coordinator
Third Way is seeking a Development & External Affairs (DEA) Coordinator to help with all team activities including event management, political and policy research, financial tracking and administrative duties. The DEA coordinator reports to the Director of Development & External Affairs and works collaboratively with the entire team.
As the DEA Coordinator, a typical day might include:
- Assisting in the execution of all on and offsite meetings and events (from small breakfasts, networking receptions, policy briefings to 250 person conference), including coordinating directly with participants and attendees; working the Communications Team on invitation design, email marketing, RSVP tracking and room set-up
- Managing event follow-up, which can include drafting letters, sending materials and updating records
Policy & Research
- Developing written briefing documents for external meetings and events
- Providing analyses of donor activity, donor prospects, and financial reporting trends to the DEA team as needed in conjunction with the Finance office
- Coordinating with internal policy teams on upcoming products and production calendar: reports, memos, etc.
Digital Tools & Financial Tracking
- Managing DEA team’s use of digital tools including financial and relationship tracking CRM databases
- Tracking and sending remittance reminders and invoices to Third Way donors
- Managing the hiring process for two interns each semester and summer and supervise their training and day-to-day tasks
- Managing the calendar of the Director and providing other administrative support, such as handling expense reports for the team
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Enjoy working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners
- Would like to serve as a public face for the organization at events
- Enjoy researching and writing about public policy issues
- Have proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Google systems, and other database experience
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and administrative skills
- Have initiative, dependability, transparency, and a sense of humor
- Have impeccable attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Have the ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Are able to work under short deadlines, and deliver in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.