New Voter Registration Numbers: Independents Surge in Battleground States
Based on new voter registration data from 8 battleground states, Independents are surging while Democratic and, to a lesser extent, Republican voter registration is declining or remaining stagnant. Since our November 2011 report:
- The number of Independents is up 59,239,
- Democrats have dropped 8,491, and
- Republicans have increased 44,227.
In the last 4 months of 2011, first in the nation New Hampshire added 3,468 Independent voters and lost 1,658 Democrats and 406 Republicans.
Since 2008 the trend continues to be a shift away from the parties.
- Independents increased by 320,657 or 3.4%;
- Democrats lost 834,197 voters, or 5.55%; and,
- Republicans lost 334,608, or 2.85%.
Free for re-use with attribution. Check out our Issuu library to find embed code for your website or blog.