Third Way is seeking a service-focused and results-driven Technology Manager (TM). The ideal candidate will partner and collaborate with internal staff and business partners to manage and support the daily IT operations. The TM reports to the Vice President of Administration and is expected to invest in the IT operations with integrity, prudence, and a commitment to excellence.
Third Way is an innovative and influential think-tank that creates and advances moderate policy and political ideas. We advocate for private-sector economic growth, a tough and smart security strategy, a clean energy revolution, bold education and anti-poverty reforms, and progress on divisive culture issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The TM will be responsible for all internal technology support, infrastructure, security, and strategy. This is a hands-on position and we are looking for someone with the ability and desire to be tactical and strategic in supporting our staff. The TM will be responsible for ensuring technology/communications systems, enterprise applications, desktops/laptops, and AV systems operate as expected with minimal downtime, as well as providing optimal service and support to Third Way staff. This position will also develop and implement project management plans; recommend purchases and maintenance schedule of IT equipment; implement and enforce policies, procedures, and standards, and manage vendor relationships.Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directing technological research by understanding organization goals, strategies, practices, and users’ needs.
- Recommending information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization’s outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements – particularly in the area of network security.
- Maintaining network and desktop support; troubleshooting technology issues and serving as the first response to tech support for staff.
- Managing, maintaining, and administering updates of IT infrastructure which includes (databases, servers-cloud or hosted, networking, storage, sharing, messaging, AV and phone systems, etc.).
- Overseeing and monitoring security of all software and network systems including protocols for passwords.
- Developing and maintaining technology policies and procedures manual and ensure staff compliance.
- Procuring technology hardware and software as needed; managing relationships with vendors, maintaining inventory, and managing disposal, when needed.
- Researching, recommending and implementing new technology and cost-effective solutions and upgrades.
- Preserving assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Managing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Managing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Integrating new technologies with existing technologies, and developing new service offerings.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field
- Have a passion for customer service
- Understands emerging trends in technology and their application in an enterprise setting.
- Full understanding of Office 365, Windows Servers, OneDrive, and SharePoint, MAC OS systems, and VMware.
- Database design, implementation, and management.
- Experience training staff on new technologies is preferred.
- Intense curiosity in the "hows" and the "whys" of TW's technology solutions and ways to make them better.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write policies, procedures, reports, and system specifications.
- Patience, a good sense of humor, and a flexible nature
SKILLS, TRAITS, BELIEFS
Unlike traditional think tanks, we do not house scholars who work in silos on academic research. Instead, we are built around policy teams that create high-impact products to influence today’s major policy debates. The ideal candidate would thrive in a culture that is:
- Self-starting: Third Way seeks people who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborative: Third Way works in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creative: Third Way fosters divergent thinking that isn’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: Third Way functions with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Submit a resume and cover letter specifying why this position is of interest to you, and how you meet the qualifications listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technology Manager” as the subject line.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and salary requirements to: email@example.com with "Technology Manager" in the subject line. Third Way is an equal opportunity employer – women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
FRESH THINKING DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to receive email alerts for our products and events and customize your subscription to suit your areas of interest. Your email will never be shared with any third party, and you can unsubscribe at any time.